Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Week 13: The Overall Experience


Week 13 – The Overall Experience

I honestly feel like I have grown as a worker and as a person with this internship ever since I started to participate in it since January. I was challenged by both the quantity and the quality of the work that I was responsible for even though my supervisor was fair enough to let me work on my own time and maintain school as a top priority. The fact that I was given more leadership tasks such as filming with minimal supervision and organizing the video clips to make a fluid storyline was especially important for me because it allowed me to use my critical thinking and what I thought was right and wrong towards my assignments rather than just follow orders. Although the computers malfunction at times, I still find a way to get my work done by coming in on days that I usually don’t come.
All of the time that I have spent with this internship has been very beneficial to me when it comes to learning how to use the necessary programs for making videos.  Also, this time has gotten me used to matching my appearance with the high standards that I’m expected to carry within this internship. I’m now used to wearing business-casual clothes and being well groomed because of this internship.
 I am glad to have been part of this experience because I know that this type of work is important in taking visual research information that may serve someone greatly and spread it to the masses. I would definitely recommend this internship to anyone who has an understanding of creating professional videos and has a passion for research. For me, I feel like this internship covers a fraction of what I am capable of doing. I would love to work in a production studio, working with either camera, editing or even writing. And I know that this internship has provided me with enough experience to pursue a career in a similar field and it has given me the drive and confidence to challenge myself and put my skills to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment